Friday, September 6, 2013

WHAT IS FASHION?

Is there a fashion?

OR

Maybe just a collection of many styles of you and me....and you.....and you too...
which makes up something interesting

called

FASHION?

Who makes up the fashion?
Who says this is cool but this is not?
Who says this is beautiful but that is not?
Who says this color is the one this season but that is not?

I think it is in the eye of the beholder!

My daddy once said when I pointed towards something saying it was not beautiful: ,, There is no such thing as ugly, things are just differently beautiful!"

I think he is so right!

Through the years I have worn clothing I think look good on me or I feel good wearing. Some years ago I did not have a lot of money to spend on beautiful things so I made this rule in my head. I swore never to buy anything except I thought it was something to die for. Nobody is perfect, sometimes I have bought things, I later find out, that are not necessary. But every time I realize how unnecessary it was I get really frustrated and almost mad at myself since I know it is just one more thing....! Well no need to get all upset, just jump back on the train and try to be better in the future. 

And there I am again, standing in front of a clothing rack in a Vintage store looking at this old clothing looking like it was never worn. It is from the sixties or seventies, made from Polyester and the fabric has this wonderful flower print on it. I can not describe the feeling but I know the feeling of finding something special! It is love at first sight really! I can not walk away from the rack....wow, that is a clothing to die for!



Today I realize how important thinking like this really is. This helps me buy less but when I buy something it has a meaning for me and makes me feel good, awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment